Saturday, November 26, 2005

Brand New Start

First, I'd like to thank you for your continued interest in me. Over the past six months or so a lot of people have commented that they'd like to see me adding more entries to my old blog. For various reasons, I haven't been updating that recently, and I took down all the old entries. I had only intended to write the blog for my first year of teaching as a way to reflect on what was happening, but it developed into something larger.

This year I haven't felt like I would be able to produce the same types of entries I was producing last year. Teaching isn't new to me anymore, so things that happen don't surprise, frustrate, delight, or anger me the way they did last year. My students as a whole are much better behaved and more respectful of me and one another, so I have fewer interesting stories. Trying to deal with their apathy towards my classes has been a struggle for me all year, and if I had continued to post bi-weekly or so, it would have turned into me complaining a lot, which isn't helpful to me or much fun to read for you.

Anyway, because I appreciate the continued interest in what I've been up to (and because, let's face it, I enjoy writing about myself) I am going to give the blog another shot, but in a different format. Rather than focusing on teaching alone, I plan on writing about the different types of obstacles and experiences I encounter in regular life. I hope you will enjoy these entries as much as you enjoyed the ones about my teaching experiences. On this website I believe you can post comments without joining the service, so I hope to hear back from everyone. Thanks again for your interest.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Liz,
    I just found your new blog here. I have not had a fast internet connection since my move at the end of May, so I have not really done very much reading or maintaing of blogs in that time. But I am glad I found your new one! The good news is that I am moving in the next few days and I am getting real internet! YAY! So I look forward to reading and writing once again.
    Hope you & Billy are doing well and that you have a wonderful Christmas... a safe flight back to Oregon, too! :)

    ReplyDelete