Saturday, May 2, 2009

Treatment Update!

Hello again! I wanted to give everyone an update on my dad. He had new diagnostic scans run at the end of April to determine the effectiveness of the chemotherapy treatments he underwent in February, March, and April, and the results were very positive! The tumors have not all disappeared, but some of them are gone, and the others seem fairly dormant. This is a big improvement since they determined in November that he would need another series of treatments, and for the time being, it is not necessary to surgically remove any of his liver. It also means that he gets to enjoy his summer without undergoing any more chemotherapy for a while. He'll continue to get diagnostic tests and they will assess his treatment options as time progresses, but this latest round of treatments has been quite successful.

Thanks again for your ongoing support for me and my dad! Now I'm off to packet pick-up for the Frederick Marathon Team Relay!

1 comment: