Monday, September 6, 2010

Our Sister (Killjoy)

This morning, I woke up early to get some reading done before we head to the Navy football game.  I opened up Ama Ata Aidoo's Our Sister Killjoy, and it begins with this: "Things are working out/ towards their dazzling conclusions."  This reminded me that I texted Vickie last night to find out the results of her NCLEX, which she took on Friday, but she texted back that she'd have to tell me later when she got home because she hadn't seen the results yet.

So I went to check my phone, to find out, SHE PASSED!!!  On her first try!  Not that I ever actually doubted she would pass.  But still.  Now she's officially Victoria Chambers, RN!

This calls for some celebration!



Dazzling conclusions, indeed!  (That was worth watching again, no?)

No comments:

Post a Comment