Friday, October 22, 2010

Reading Comparatively: Theories, Practices, Communities

Remember when I wrote last spring about the paper I was researching?  The one about Harriet Beecher Stowe and Margaret Garner?

I'm presenting a version of that paper at our department's upcoming conference, which is titled "Reading Comparatively: Theories, Practices, Communities."  If you want to read more about the conference, you can visit its website.  You can even find me on the program if you look hard enough!

I've been working all day on turning that seminar paper into one I can present at the conference.  Why does it take so long to write a paper that will only take 15 minutes to deliver??  Sometimes academia is crazy-making.  Luckily for me, I'm sitting on the same panel as one of our department's biggest names, so I might have an audience much larger than I've earned by myself (which would include my friend/classmate Katie, a few of my new classmates who were trying to be nice, one or two of my students who pretend to be interested in my research but are really just sucking up, and possibly the professor who already gave me feedback on the original draft).

No comments:

Post a Comment