Monday, March 16, 2009

Almost There!

Today's Workout:
Supposed to be: 8 miles
Instead:
40 minutes elliptical/stairstepper combo machine (I had to listen to a longer lesson about it today)
40 minutes stationary bike

My cartoon is starting to talk trash. She appears to think I am slacking off just because I haven't logged a run in a week. She is playing paddle ball and saying things like, "I wish I could run, but my hands are tied" and "If only I practiced running like I practice paddle ball." She even calls me a couch potato! I am working out, I promise! It is funny how for months and months, I loathed the idea of going for a run even though I was perfectly capable of doing so, and now that I've imposed a restriction on myself until race day, all I want to do is go for a run! I hope some of that excitement about finally being on the road again for the race will help counteract any loss of fitness I'm encountering as a result of my training changes.

The race is only a few days away! I am reaching a state of nervous excitement. I am worried about being able to run all 13 miles since I haven't run in a week, but I am really looking forward to participating in the race. We were in DC with Vickie and Brett this past weekend, so I got a look at the road I'll be running on past the Capitol, Washington Monument, and White House. I wish the route was reversed so that I could pass those things at the end of the race instead of the beginning, but I am sure there will be plenty to look at for the duration of the race. Right now, the forecast is favorable, and I am hoping to avoid a rainy day.

Donations Update:

Thanks Heather! I appreciate your donation and the fact that you ask my dad how he's doing each time you see me. I am looking forward to running in the Frederick Team Marathon with you in a few weeks!

Thank you Gramma! I got your check in the mail today and am looking forward to passing it along to the foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment