Thursday, March 19, 2009

Training Complete!

Today's Walk:
Distance: 2.26 miles
Time: 31:01
Pace: 13:42 per mile

I was tempted to run today because my feet, ankles, and knees were all pain free! I didn't want to have any soreness leading into Saturday's race, though, so I followed my training program and stuck with a walk for my final day of training. It felt good to be out on the road again, and I can't wait until I can actually run again on Saturday.

I can't believe how close the race is... finally! Tomorrow, I go to the Runner's Expo to pick up my t-shirt, timing chip, bib, etc, and then Saturday morning we're up bright and early to go to the race! It starts at 7am, so it will be an early morning at the DePriest house, and hopefully I will be able to get a few hours of good sleep in before the alarm goes off. The forecast for Saturday is looking good; it's supposed to sunny with a high in the 50s, although it will likely be cooler than that when I run in the morning. As long as it doesn't rain, I will be happy.

I looked up pictures of last years' race on Flickr to investigate the no-headphones rule. Quite a few people in the pictures were wearing headphones, so it doesn't look like the rule is enforced. It seems like the race organizers might be required to forbid headphones for safety reasons, but that they don't actually enforce the rules. Since the race is run on a closed course, my plan is to wear the headphones until I'm asked to remove them.

If you have been considering making a donation, please try to do so before my race! I have been so encouraged by how generous everyone has been, and I you will all be in my thoughts as I'm plodding through my 13.1 miles. I am afraid that since I haven't actually run in quite a few days, I will need all the extra encouragement and determination I can get!

Donations Update:
Thanks so much Aunt Carrie! I wish you could be here for the race, but I know you will be here in spirit! I am excited that your donation will go to helping someone else since your encouragement has already done so much to help me.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go girlie!!! We are all so proud of you!
    Aunt Carrie

    ReplyDelete