Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The History of Pompey the Little; or, the Life and Adventures of a Lap-Dog

Today is Oscar's 6th Birthday!  So it seems fitting that this week's reading assignments included a book that purports to be about a lap dog.  The History of Pompey the Little offers a pretty scathing criticism of the different types of people who trade him around as a commodity, so I informed Oscar that he should be happy to be living a fairly stable life with one devoted family.  To show his appreciation, he sat with me while I read the book.


For his birthday gift this year, I am hoping to give him plenty of sunshine, since it is the only thing that can coax him out of his lap dog ways into sprawling out all by himself.


If a little more Oscar is what your day needs, check out the photo retrospective I put together last year when he turned 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment