Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Saturday Evening Post

Well, today was a full day.

I woke up shortly after 6 so I could get some grading done before we left for the Navy game.  Billy, Vickie, Brian, Chuck and I got to spend an unseasonably warm day in the sunshine.  Vickie and I enjoyed mimosas-- I was struck by this stroke of genius when I purchased a bottle of champagne earlier this week for my office mate (she passed her comprehensive exams!).  When we got home, I responded to student emails and made it through 75 pages of my reading assignment for the week.  So one the one hand, I feel like I took an entire day off from schoolwork to spend time with some of my favorite people, doing one of my favorite things.  (Navy won when my favorite player came up with a stop on defense during the last play of the game!)  On the other hand, I did actually spend approximately six hours working today.  And now that I'm done with my novel, it's well past my bedtime, so I'll stop writing sentences that probably don't make sense and just share the pictures we took today.  Look at that sky-- I didn't even mess with the color on the pictures.  Hope you all enjoyed your Saturday as much as I did!











(I'm not sure I've ever held a copy of The Saturday Evening Post, but back in the day they used to publish some of my favorite authors.)

No comments:

Post a Comment