Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Body Shots

We went for our second trimester anatomy scan today, and the doctor confirmed that we're having a girl!  Here are the latest pictures of her:


On the left is an image of her hand, in the center is the "4D" image of her profile, and on the right is the general profile shot.  They wouldn't let us take video of the screen, but it was hard to see her moving around this time, anyway.  Things are a lot more crowded in there now than they were at 12 weeks.

For the most part, she looks great.  She's growing well and she looks healthy.  They changed our probability for Downs Syndrome from 1/8000 to 1/6000, but since the average probability for my age is 1/748, her risk is still exceptionally low.

Seeing the baby was a fun way to celebrate the beginning of my summer vacation/extended maternity leave.  I finally finished up paper #3 around 9pm last night, so today I did some chores around the house, relaxed, and watched the French Open.  My last paper on Katherine Anne Porter came together pretty well at the end.  She is sure to show up in my dissertation, so I feel good about leaving off at this point to focus on our family.  I have felt like I was bringing my "B" game all semester, so when this paper finally clicked, it reminded me how gratifying it is to get it right after putting in so much hard work.  Now I am officially done with coursework!

We have been taking weekly belly pictures for our baby book, so I thought I'd share a few of those to show how the bump is progressing.

                     5 weeks                                         11 weeks                                      19 weeks

Tomorrow I leave for Lompoc to attend Dad's hometown memorial and my cousin Dalton's graduation.  I am looking forward to seeing the family and hoping the cross country flight won't be too exhausting!

(Body Shots is a book one of my professors, Jonathan Auerbach, wrote about early cinema.)

1 comment:

  1. Lizzy! You look beautiful and that belly of yours is to die for! I'm so glad you are putting up pictures for those of us who are so far away. Have a great time in CA this weekend - relax and remember!

    ReplyDelete