Friday, January 13, 2012

Thank You

I just wanted to say a quick but sincere thank you to everyone who reached out to me yesterday, and over the past couple of weeks, to let me know that you were thinking about me.  Your emails, phone calls, texts, facebook posts, blog comments, and more have meant so much to me.  I know it is difficult to know what to say on a day like yesterday, but those of you who made the effort to say anything at all touched my heart.  We think Nora is hitting her three month growth spurt because she is nursing almost continuously throughout the day, so I haven't had a chance to thank you all as I would have liked, but your kind words have served as a buoy to help keep me afloat during this difficult time.

I also wanted to encourage you to read Vickie's blog post from yesterday if you haven't had a chance to read it yet.  You can find that here.

On Dad's birthday, Vickie took the card I made for Dad up to his niche and sent me this picture, which helped me feel included even though Nora and I weren't able to visit the niche with Nate and Vickie.


And yesterday, Shaye sent me this photo she took when she and the boys visited Dad's niche on Christmas Eve.  I'd posted a video of Nora to facebook that day, and she played it while they were up there.


In the letter he wrote me to open after he passed away, Dad emphasized the importance of sharing your life with others and allowing them to help you along.  So as my friend Catherine wrote yesterday, it is "amazing to be human," and I know I am fortunate to have the chance to share that humanity with such special people.

No comments:

Post a Comment