Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Rub a Dub Dub, Big Girl in the Tub!

Lately, we've been noticing that Nora is getting close to outgrowing her bathtub.  I remembered that we took a picture of her first bath in the tub, so tonight we took a photo of her in the tub to compare.

Just shy of 3 weeks:

Just shy of 25 weeks:



I don't think I will ever get my mind around the fact that she grew from a single cell into a healthy newborn inside my body or that she doubled in size solely by drinking the milk my body produced for her.

In addition to the size difference, the comparison is fun for me to see because it captures a degree of how much more capable she is now.  She's smiling, turning her head to look at me, and chewing on the washcloth she brought up to her mouth on her own.  She was adorable when she was an itty bitty baby, but every day she seems even more precious because she is such a little sponge for new information and she is coming into her own personality.  At the same time, it's fun to think that some things stay the same, like the way she always holds her feet together in the water. : )

4 comments:

  1. You know I love her. She is just about the cutest thing on earth. But it makes me equally happy to be a friend to a parent who notices these miniscule-yet-hugely important things (like touching baby feet).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her OMA is missing her terribly.......:(

    ReplyDelete