Monday, October 15, 2012

Nora's Birthday Party


I have mixed emotions about Nora turning one, but I had no mixed emotions about one thing: her party.  Our little girl deserves all the love and support we can give her, so I was excited to have the chance to welcome everyone to our house to celebrate her first big day in her own element.  We feel very fortunate that so many family members and friends join us to let her know how special she is-- even my mom, who flew in for the occasion!  I signed Billy up for a lot more work than I realized, and we spent the whole past week getting ready for the party.  I was overwhelmed by the whole day, and it reminded me of the way our wedding felt like a whirlwind that was over before I knew it.  This time, as was also the case then, I noticed while clicking through the pictures that everyone was laughing and smiling.  So my hope is that everyone else had as good of a time as I did.  I know our little girl felt special when we sang her happy birthday because she stopped reaching for her cake and looked up at everyone standing around.  When she gets older, I am excited to tell her the stories and show her the pictures from her first birthday!

Decorations

Nora's Cake and Cupcakes

A New Ride (thanks Gram and Pop!)

Big Guests

Little Guests

Cards! A New Dress! Gifts!

Cake


Before I go, I just want to say a big thank you to everyone for making this such a special day for our family.  By coming to Nora's party, sending her birthday messages, picking out cards and gifts, and all the other things you did, you reminded us know how much Nora is loved and how much support we have behind us as we learn to be parents.  I also owe a more specific thank you to Mom, Vickie, Patti, and Lauren for helping get things ready and then cleaning up.

1 comment:

  1. You've been one busy mama! I can't believe you've made time for school/work, family, AND a big deal birthday party. The decor looks adorable. I love Nora's dress. And everyone does indeed look to be having fun. I feel a little like celebrating her birthday, too, since I've gotten to follow along with her life thus far via your blog - Happy #1 Nora Jane!! P.S. I have a present for her. That said, there's no way she's getting it until she's 2 or 3 or maybe 4 if I continue at the same rate. In other words, I've been "working on it" since before Francie was born!

    ReplyDelete