Saturday, October 20, 2012

Visit from Oma // Pumpkin Patch

We were all very fortunate that my mom made the trip East to join us for Nora's first birthday!  We haven't seen each other in person since July, so she loved seeing how mobile Nora is these days.  Mom has been very supportive and encouraging since Nora was born, so it meant a lot to me to have her here for the celebration of Nora's first year as well as our first year as parents.  She was also such a big help with Nora and party preparations in the days leading up to the party.  When I mentioned to a colleague that my mom came for the party, she asked if that was the first time she had met Nora.  I explained that she also saw her at birth, four or five months, and seven months, which put things in perspective and made me extra appreciative that my mom is willing to travel to spent time with her granddaughter and with us.



Mom also brought the bumblebee costume she made for Nora's second Halloween.  Mom made all of my costumes through elementary school until I decided it was not "cool" to wear a homemade costume and asked to be a store-bought witch.  I quickly learned that Mom's costumes were way better than anything you can get at the store. I can't sew nearly as well as she can, so I am excited that she was happy to carry on the tradition with Nora.

On the day before the party, we dressed Nora up in her costume and took her to the pumpkin patch for a hay ride.  It was a lot of fun for all of us to see the excitement and wonder in Nora's expressions, and I enjoyed having Vickie and Mom along to share this trip with us.

And now, for the photobomb.  This bumblebee is just way too cute to leave any of these out.
















Thanks so much for making the trip, Mom, for all the help you gave us while you were here, and for finding ways to be actively involved in Nora's life even though we live so far away.

1 comment:

  1. It is my pleasure and joy to be a part of Nor's life...and to observe you nd Billy travel the journey of parenthood. It has been such a busy year and Nora has been such a blessing to so many of us! Keep up the good work and all the pictures! Love all of you!

    ReplyDelete