Monday, August 12, 2013

31!

Saturday was my 31st birthday, and it was nice to have it fall on a Saturday so I could spend the day with Nora and Billy!


Before dinnertime, we dropped Nora off to spend the night at Gram and Pop's.  This was her second sleepover with them, and things went so smoothly the first time that I was able to relax and enjoy my adult evening while knowing Nora was in good hands.  Brian and Lauren joined us for dinner, which was a lot of fun.  I realized midway through the meal that this was the first time we had spent time with just the four of us!  After that, we headed over to Merriweather Post Pavilion and set ourselves up on the lawn for some excellent people watching.  Then my friends Anne-Marie and Jon joined us on our night out (after putting their six month old son, Julian, to sleep!).  It was so much fun to have a night with friends.  We were there to see The Killers, and although everyone was familiar with the band, I think I was the only one who would have gone out of my way to see them.  I think I had enough fun for the whole group, but seeing that everyone was having a good time made it such a great night.  We missed Vickie and Tres, who would've joined us if they'd been in town, but I hope we'll be able to find a show that we can all enjoy next summer, too!  Here are some photos of our night.





THANK you to Lauren, Brian, Billy, Anne-Marie, Jon, Chuck, and Patti for helping to make this such a memorable birthday.  And thank you to everyone else who checked in to let me know you were thinking about me with cards, messages, and phone calls.  Maybe the reason I don't mind getting older is because every year, I have more great people in my life! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! But most importantly, love the outfit :) Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. Hope you are enjoying your Oregon visit so far!

    ReplyDelete