Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Last Day // First Day

Friday was Nora's last day in her toddler classroom.  I tried to capture a "last day of school" picture, but she was too busy pointing out her elbow, the airplane, and the flowers.  Moving up to the two year old classroom is a bittersweet change for us.  We'll both miss her toddler teachers-- they took such good care of her, helped her to learn so many new things, brought out the best in her personality, and helped put me at ease about leaving her so I can work.  We know she's ready for the move, though, because she really loves being around older kids, moving up means she'll be reunited with her older friends, and it will give her the chance to learn new and different things.


Although she's been visiting the two year old classroom for several weeks, Monday was her first full day there.  When I picked her up in the afternoon, I asked how her day was and she gave it some thought before answering, "Good!" That was when I really knew she is getting to be the "big girl" she claims to be, because on her first day of day care and her first day in the toddler room, she burst into tears as soon as she saw me.  

I had tried to take her first day of school picture that morning, but she wasn't much more interested in posing then, either.  Here she is dancing to her favorite song and demanding that I sing it "more Mommy, more!"



These may not be the best pictures I've ever taken of her, but all I can think when I see them is: my dear little spirited Nora Jane, I hope the sun always shines on you each time you start a new chapter of your life.

1 comment:

  1. Will you dress me for my first day of school? Nora's romper is ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete