Monday, December 30, 2013

The Best of 2013

Despite its typical ups and downs, 2013 has been a great year for our family.  The very best thing of the year was watching Nora grow.  At this time last year I could still call her my baby, but now she really is a little kid!  She has also become less of a mama's girl each day, and I've loved watching her become more independent and more comfortable with all of her family members!

It feels like Billy and I spend most of our time at home, and that's fine with us, because home is our favorite place to be.  Our ordinary daily life is exactly what we've worked to make it.  But when I look back on all the pictures of the year, I realize just how many fun activities we've managed to fit in!  Here are some of my favorite less ordinary moments from throughout the year.

January
Oregon visit to meet Everett James and to see all of our Oregon family and friends PLUS Mimi and Aunt Dana



February
The Ravens win the Super Bowl: Nora is appropriately thrilled


Baby Julian arrives


Vickie and I meet Mat Kearney before attending his show


March 
Nora's first snow day


April
Nora's first baseball game


June
Summertime family fun with Cash, Lily, and the rest of Billy's mom's family


Visit from Oma


July
Anniversary Vacation to Bethany Beach



Visit from Kelsey


DC Tennis Tournament with Vickie


August
Killers Concert on my birthday


Visit to Oregon






September
Nora's first Orioles game


October
Family trip to Rocky Acres Farm


Nora's Birthday Parties


Birthday visit from the West Coast Family


Heather and Jeremy's Wedding



November
Research trip to Yale


December
Lots of visits from family and friends!  In the past two weeks, we've had friends and family members from near and far visit us at home, which has made me hyper aware of how fortunate we are.  So as I get ready to bid farewell to 2013, I have so much gratefulness in my heart for all the large and small scale privileges Billy, Nora, and I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment