Sunday, April 30, 2006

We're getting married!

This weekend Billy took me to the park and as we were walking down by the water, he proposed to me! We are both really excited about being engaged and looking forward to getting married (although we haven't set a date yet). He picked out/designed my ring while I was in California last month visiting my family, and after it came in he called both of my parents to ask for their blessing and then let me in on the secret. I love the ring he picked out! I have included some pictures of us that we took this weekend and also some pictures of the ring so you can all see how much he spoils me.
Once we start talking about wedding plans, I'll let everyone know, but for right now we are enjoying being engaged!

4 comments:

  1. Awww inspite of cousins (well cousin singular) like me you still said yes. I'm so happy for you guys! The funniest thing though was I was thinking about that Thursday or Friday and he called me Saturday (interrupting my shooting mind you) to tell me. Congratulations again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!! We're all dying to hear how much teaching occurred on Monday, as your colleagues and students took note of your new adornment. I'll bet it was a pretty special day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could not be happier!!! Although I have only heard about Billy, I have know all along he is special to you - right from the start you could tell about the way you talked about him. Can't wait to hear all the news - bet you life is just the best right now. LOVE his taste in the ring - he is a keeper. Love you lots and Congratulations to you both! He is the lucky one in my eyes.....

    ReplyDelete