Thursday, September 24, 2009

Perspective, Take 2

Tonight, Billy informed me that he will not be spending any time doing homework. I've decided that this is a great idea!

So instead, after deciding that my last post was somewhat depressing, I bring you a list of 5 happy things that cheer me up in the midst of this anxiety-inducing semester.

1) Pictures of these two little ones:

Josh, 1 year old, is a big Michigan Football fan. I bet he is pretty germ free for a baby, because his mom is my college roommate Beth, hand-washer extraordinairre.

Clara, 9 months old, might be the happiest baby I have ever seen. Also, she lives in Hawaii, so the backgrounds in her photos are always torturously enviable. Her mom and dad are my old friends, Krista and Jordan.

2) Glee. I drop everything to watch this show every week (Wed, 9pm). Every episode so far has been genius. A football team performing Single Ladies? (Skip ahead to 2:40). Absurdly delicious.

3) Rob Dyrdek. The first season of his new show, Fantasy Factory, took a while to get rolling. Season 2 has yet to disappoint. Full episodes are available online, and Vickie gave me seasons 1 and 2 of Rob & Big on DVD, so I can get my Rob fix whenever I want. He makes me laugh until I cry. Last night I dreamed that he died-- talk about a nightmare. Also, I couldn't find anything to wear to his funeral.

4) Crisp fall days that are the appropriate temperature for an open sunroof.

5) Discovering that my reading assignments for the week includes a poetry collection written by Oregonian Legend, Lawson Fusao Inada. I'm reading Legends From Camp. I don't even like poetry very much, and I couldn't put it down. Did you ever think someone could make Fresno, CA seem exotic and exciting? Mission accomplished.

(As a side note, Billy is even better than any of these things.)

2 comments:

  1. What?!? Billy is better than Clara??? I think you need to get your priorities straight. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Please note, the post read "pictures of" Clara, not the baby herself. : )

    ReplyDelete