Friday, November 6, 2009

The Awakening

My dad says, "Just keep playing." In The Old Man and the Sea, Santiago goes out in that boat every day, 84 times in a row, until he catches that fish.

This morning, on my way into work, I had an epiphany. I can use the research I've been doing on Cather for my writing sample and re-direct it slightly to serve as the paper for the seminar I'm taking this semester. This solves the two major problems of my semester; I don't have time to complete all these papers well, and I had no idea what to write my seminar paper about.

This deserves its own blog post. Consider it the digital equivalent of a sigh of relief.

(The Awakening by Kate Chopin is the story of a young mother's realization that she does not have to live the life society has assigned to her. I assure you my own awakening, however, will not conclude with my death.)

No comments:

Post a Comment