Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Say Please, Say Thank You

I am thankful:

That my dad feels well and has the support of loving family members and friends.


That Billy continues to be such a stabilizing force in my life. And that we have so much fun.

For Vickie's decision to come stay with us this week.


That my family, and especially my husband, continue to support my interest in graduate literary studies.

That my husband's hard work continues to support our family during my graduate studies.


For the opportunity to spend time with Billy's family this Thanksgiving. And for the chance to head west see Mom and the Santa Barbara family and Dad and the Lompoc family after Christmas.


That, although I miss him, Pop is not suffering anymore. And that things regularly remind me that he is still present through each of us whom his life touched.

That Modern Family and Glee air on Wednesday nights, which has helped get me over the hump every week this semester.

That my brother has his dogs and a job that keeps him in the mountains near the fresh powder.


For a home I love coming home to every day.

For the support and encouragement of my fellow grad students, especially Anne-Marie and Katie, during this PhD application process.

That in a few weeks, what has essentially become a year-long job interview for the PhD program will be over, and the decision will finally be out of my hands.

That I still love the work I'm doing despite all the stress.

I am thankful!!

(My dad gave us all Say Please, Say Thank You when we graduated from high school. A little courtesy can go a long way, don't you think?)

No comments:

Post a Comment