Sunday, December 13, 2009

Work

I have a confession to make: my job is really easy. Although I have been busier in the past six months than I was before that, it's never hard work. I like the people I work with, and going to work usually means giving myself a break from the mental exhaustion of my schoolwork. Also, Billy and I usually spend the entire day chatting on gmail messenger.

This means that for me, the weekends are generally much more exhausting than the weekdays, because they are devoted to real, hard work. Friday, we decorated our tree, so it is finally beginning to look at least a little bit like Christmas. Yesterday was also nice break; we watched Navy beat Army AGAIN and went out in Baltimore for a friend's goodbye party (he's moving to Alabama to pursue his PhD). But today has been work, work, work on this Anne Askew paper, which is the only thing that stands between me and my winter break from school.


So, truth be told, I am looking forward to going into "work" tomorrow and relaxing for a few hours before I return home to tackle this Early Modern Martyr. And I cannot WAIT for this coming weekend, when I will get to really enjoy some rest and relaxation, at home with my husband.

(Work is a little-known novel by Louisa May Alcott about a young woman who (gasp) has to work. I confess to only having read about it, and though I hear it is a little Horatio Alger-esque, I like the premise.)

1 comment:

  1. I love your Christmas tree, especially with your red couches - it looks so nice!! We still haven't decorated ours yet. Christmas came too quickly this year!

    ReplyDelete