Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Family Time

In the midst of all the great visits from family members and friends, Billy, Nora, and I have been trying to make sure we get to spend quality time together as a new little family.  Even though Nora has been here less than three weeks, being a family of three already feels just right.  I am not sure anything can really prepare you for the constant demands of a newborn, so I feel especially fortunate to be sharing the parenting responsibilities with such a great partner.  I don't know how I would manage without having Billy home to take care of me and the baby.  Anytime I start to get discouraged or feel too exhausted to function, Billy reassures me and lets me rest.  Even Oscar is doing a pretty good job of embracing the role of big brother.  Though he normally leaves Nora alone, he does look out for her and try to sniff her once in a while.

Before she left town, my mom snapped a few pictures of us together as a family, so I thought I'd share those while Billy and Nora sneak in an afternoon nap.




1 comment:

  1. Liz, you make a wonderful family. And these updates make me very happy.

    ReplyDelete