Saturday, November 5, 2011

Growth Spurt

Nora's in the midst of her three week old growth spurt-- at least, we hope this is the explanation for why she has spent the past few days demanding to eat nearly every hour.  My brain feels like mush, so I'll keep the post short and just say: Here are some photos from last week that I thought others might enjoy as much as I do.

This is the face that sends my brain spinning: What does she want? When did she eat last?  On which side? When did we change her diaper? Can I figure it out before she starts wailing?

This is the face that reminds me it's all worthwhile:


And this is the face that says "You're doing okay, Mama."

3 comments:

  1. Oh Liz, I know how you feel!! The growth spurt weeks are so hard, we're approaching another one this week and with the dang time change...makes for a hungry monster and one tired Mama. Hang in there friend, empathizing with you from the W. Coast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This last one really highlights her belly and cheeks. You're clearly doing quite a job. It's definitely hard, all of it. And, as you know, it's also inexplicably, sublimely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sympathy and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete