Friday, June 1, 2012

Making Friends

My friend Amy has a daughter, Jenna, who is almost exactly 9 months older than Nora.  We had begun trying to conceive when Amy told us she was expecting, and shortly thereafter we were excited to find out that the Navy was going to transfer her and her husband back to our area after their baby was born.  It has been so nice to have a friend nearby who is a few stages ahead of me in this journey of first-time motherhood.  Amy's been through it all already, but she still remembers everything I'm going through really clearly, which means she is a great sounding board for my mom questions.  Seeing Jenna gets me excited for where Nora is headed while also reminding me to savor each stage before it's gone.

Earlier this week we got the girls together, and though Nora slept through most of the visit, it was fun to see them interacting with each other a little bit.  In the past, Jenna has tried rather unsuccessfully to play with Nora, who wasn't able to engage with Jenna very much.  This time, though, Nora was watching everything Jenna did like a little sponge!  We set them next to each other to take a few pictures, and I snapped several on my phone, hoping to get at least one good one.  When I looked at my phone after the fact, I was amused to see these four pictures which seem to document the different stages in building a friendship!


It's fun to think that as they get older, Nora will start to catch up developmentally, though she may never grow as tall as Jenna.  : )  They're likely to have a lot of fun playing together, and we're excited to see them running around at the Navy tailgate in a year or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment