Friday, June 28, 2013

Mirror Mirror

Vickie is settling on her house as we speak!  I can't even explain how proud and happy this makes me.  When she moved in with us to look for a job in the area several years ago, I had no idea how long we would get to keep her.  When it took a while for her to find a job, I was afraid she'd move back home and consider the whole thing a big mistake.  But then she got an awesome job, and then I found out I was pregnant, and then she got an awesome apartment, and then we gave her a niece, and eventually her boyfriend moved here.  So I knew she had plenty reasons to stay in the area besides being close to me, but now that she owns property only a few miles away, she's stuck with me!

In an attempt to accept that Vickie is proving she's all grown up, I'm sharing these pictures that show we seem to be mirror images of one another.  (Bonus reason: It makes me look good to be suggest I have things in common with her.) Vickie and I have never thought we looked much alike.  People tell us we do, but we can't see it.  Maybe this is because in my head I'm still the big one and she's the little one, or because I still think of her as a true blonde who rubbed it in when she grew taller than me.  But after having a set of professional candid photos taken of us together, I am ready to agree with everyone who says our mannerisms and body movements are nearly identical.

Thoughtful resting face:

Toddler balancing stance:

In the walking photos, it's easy to see that we hold our bodies the same because we are in nearly the same place in our stride at the same moment.  In both pictures.


For bonus points, our heads are at same angle and and our feet are in the same position in this one.


Legs crossed at the ankle, left leg in front, feet at the exact same angle:


Honestly.  We couldn't have staged these shots if we'd tried.  I love you, Boo.  I'm thankful for all we have in common, even though the photographic proof creeps me out.  : )  And I'm not even mad that you just bought a townhome, on your own, in the development Billy and I liked but couldn't afford.  I'm just so proud of you and thankful you're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment