Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mid-Week Update

I think I've got my Nike+ back on track. When I thought it was the sensor, I walked into the Apple store and they gave me a brand new one, free of charge. Unfortunately, it was still not working, so I think something went wrong with my iPod or the receiver that plugs into it. I'm hoping that switching off to Billy's iPod Touch, which has the receiver built in, will take care of my technical difficulties.

On Monday, Danielle joined me for the opening round matches. Among others, we saw Lleyton Hewitt advance against Donald Young.

On Wednesday, Anne-Marie kept me calm while Andy made his first return to match play since the Wimbledon final. He won easily in straight sets. We also saw Mardy Fish lose, Fernando Gonzalez advance, and the beginning of the Tsonga/Isner matchup that Isner eventually won.

After a couple of fun girl's nights, I am looking forward to catching the quarterfinal action with Billy tomorrow! As I type, Soderling, Haas, Del Potro, Karlovic, and Gonzalez have advanced, and Andy is up a set on Sam Querrey. Can't wait to see some more great tennis!

No comments:

Post a Comment