Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Lost Lady

Where have I gone?  I'm trapped inside this paper.  A Lost Lady is the novel Cather published between One of Ours and The Professor's House.  I haven't read it yet, but I can't help feeling like it is an eerily prescient title given that I am currently lost in between those two books, too.

I binged approximately 12,000 words last week.  I'm currently down to 10,100ish without a conclusion.  I'm supposed to end up around 10,000 total.


I feel really good about the ideas I'm working with.  Sunday night, after a long week of working on it, I felt really good about the progress I had made.  (I also felt good that Andy made it to the finals at Indian Wells, though I did not feel so good that Ljubicic's unbelievable run through the tournament ran straight through my feel-good story of the week.)

But I am starting to panic.  My official deadline is one week from today and I can't help feeling like I still have so much to do.  So much that I should not be writing this blog entry, in fact.  So back to work I go.

1 comment:

  1. on a side note, you've gotten very artsy with your blog pictures...

    next weekend we should celebrate together, in our respective locations. You've turned in your paper, I'm done with finals... Chambers family tequila shots?

    ReplyDelete