Friday, December 2, 2011

Locks of Love

I've been growing out my hair for several years with the eventual intention of cutting it all off and donating it to Locks of Love, a non-profit organization that makes wigs for children in need.  I didn't want to cut it while I was pregnant because I was afraid my face would get chubby and short hair would only accentuate it, but once I had Nora and my hair started coming out in clumps, I decided it was time to make the change.  Locks of Love requires that you send in a ponytail at least 10" long in order to use it to make the wigs, so it's a pretty significant difference.  Here are some photos of the chop:

Before:

After:

I've had a haircut similar to this in the past, and I've worn my hair short for most of my life, so this feels like less of a change than it otherwise might.  My hair is always thick and healthy and pregnancy made it even more so, but so far I don't miss it at all.  It's much less work like this and it's hard to regret shipping off that hair to make a wig for a little kid who suffers from a disease that causes long term hair loss.  After fighting an unruly mane for my whole life and fighting pregnancy hormones for nine months, it feels good to put those things to good use!

3 comments:

  1. Ohh, I like the side shot. You look really good with an angled bob. Also, Jamie and I may or may not have just watched the Nora video in the previous post about 7 times in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've become quite addicted to facebook's "like" function. I "like" this post and also Katie's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls!
    Katie, it's a little more angled than I wanted, but since I can't see the back, I'll soon forget.
    Catherine, I was actually thinking the same thing the other day while reading a friend's blog. I figured out how to add that feature, so "like" away! : )

    ReplyDelete