Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mamama & Da

Nora is "talking"!  She has no idea what she is doing, but it is adorable.  She has been making noises that sound a lot like "Hi!" and "Yeah!" for a couple weeks now, except those "words" make her sound like she has a bit of a southern accent.  Since I spend a lot of time having nonsense conversations with her, this has created a few really funny moments where she appears to be answering my questions, like when I recently asked her "Nora, did you poop?" and she said "yeah!" immediately thereafter.

Yesterday I went to get my Mother's Day massage and returned to the news that when Billy got Nora up from her nap, she said a clear "Mama" and, when prompted, followed it up with a clear "Dada."  She babbled a bit throughout the day but didn't start saying these "words" again until this afternoon, when she would not stop!  The number of times she repeats the syllable "ma" and "da" changes all the time, and she is also a fan of "ba," but it does definitely sound like she is beginning to get the hang of these "words."  She also seems to be aware that we like it when she says them and gives the impression that she is playing along with our prompting.

We celebrated Memorial Day with a cookout at Billy's Aunt Nancy's house, so we had a chance to dress Nora up in the stars and stripes dress my Aunt Dana sent!  Nora looked so adorable that I couldn't help wishing my cousin Christine and I'd had this dress back in the days when we used to wear coordinating outfits to the Bratz Bash on July 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment