Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Welcome Julia Naomi!

Our friends Erin and Brent welcomed their delivery surprise-- a baby girl!!-- into the world today and named her Julia Naomi.  Congratulations, Mama and Dad!!  We are so excited that she's here!


Erin texted me yesterday afternoon to say she had gone into labor, so I was checking my phone like a madwoman.  Her periodic updates and final reports made it clear that this birth was a real doozy, so I am extra proud of Erin for hanging in there and getting through it, and I'm so happy that she, Julia, and Brent are all healthy and happy!  When I noticed the text announcing Julia's arrival I started sobbing like a total idiot.  Erin, Brent, and I all started working at the same high school together in 2004, Erin was in our wedding, and I was in theirs, so it just feels perfect that we ended up having little girls who are only 6 months apart.

While Nora and I waited anxiously all day and night for the good news to arrive, we had to keep ourselves otherwise entertained.  Luckily, yesterday we assembled this toy from Nora's baby shower and she is already enthralled with it.  (My list doesn't tell me who it's from, but if you know who you are, thank you!)  She has already figured out all three ways to make the music start on it and she's been kicking the blocks around, so it is a trip to watch her banging away.  I like to think it kept her preoccupied while she was waiting to hear if her new friend was going to be a girl or a boy. : )  


Congratulations, Erin and Brent!  We can't wait to meet Julia and congratulate you all in person some day soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment