Tuesday, February 10, 2009

28:35

Sunday's Run:
Distance: 800 meters
Time: 4:47
Pace: 9:25

This was intended to be a short distance sprint to test my re-calibrated sensor. It probably looked more like painful plod as a result of my extremely sore legs. Perhaps there is something to be said for a Sunday recovery day.

Monday's Run:
Distance: 3 miles
Time: 28:35
Pace: 9:32 per mile

My legs were still really tight (in fact, they're still quite tight today). Since I have my qualifying run coming up on Saturday, I thought I'd use my 3 mile training run to make sure I am ready to qualify. The qualifying time for a 5k (3.1 miles) is 31:00, or 10 minutes per mile. I was really excited to come in at the time I did, because this means that barring extreme cold, I should be able to finish with a time that qualifies me for the National Half Marathon. My pace for the first two miles was much better than for the third, so I'll have to be consciously making sure I'm not slowing down too much at the end, but we have plenty of stopwatches in the house for that. I am excited to get the qualification hurdle out of the way so I can officially register for the half marathon and set up my Lance Armstrong Foundation fundraising website!

Running Playlist Quote of the Day: "When all you got to keep is strong, move along, move along like I know you do. Even when your hope is gone, move along, move along just to make it through." The All American Rejects- "Move Along"

No comments:

Post a Comment