Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Final Mile

Thursday's Run:
Distance: 4.71 miles
Time: 50:07
Pace: 10:38 per mile

Today's Run:
Distance: 12.08 miles
Time: 2:04:10
Pace: 10:16 per mile

I didn't want to run today, and I had to drag myself out the door to get started. Before I left, Billy said, "You don't want to go, do you?" Despite this, I felt great for the first 10 miles. I was finally able to lose myself in the act of running, and I was passing mile markers without even knowing it. Until I got to the last mile. I was exhausted, and my stomach was growling, and I'd been running for nearly two hours... but I dialed up "Right Round" on my iPod, and rode Flo Rida's flow right to the end. I defy you to put that song on and not speed up your pace!

When I got home, I plugged in my iPod to see how steady my pace had been and discovered that more donations had been made while I'd been gone.

Cash, I hope you see a cure for cancer in your lifetime. Thank you (and Jay and Allen) for your donation. Patti, Chuck, and Brian, I am touched by your generosity. Mimi and Papa, I was excited to get your check in the mail yesterday, and have sent it in along with the form.

I'm not often at a loss for words, but when it comes to the donations, all I know to say is: I'm humbled. Thank you.

Perhaps it is on those days when we want to do something the least that completing the act has the biggest payoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment