Friday, February 27, 2009

Next up, foot pain

Thursday's Run:
Distance: 4.4 miles
Time/Pace: I am choosing not to look.

My body is not particularly happy with me right now. I'm about to lose a toenail on my left foot. I'm managing the soreness in my knee, but now my right foot is giving me trouble. It hurts to push off on the ball of my foot. You know how sometimes you're driving along, and you see a person running, with that miserable expression on her face? And you think, "Why is she putting herself through that?" Yesterday, that was me. I managed to "run" the whole distance, but only in the sense that there was a moment in each stride where both of my feet were off the ground, not in the sense that I was moving with any speed. It's probably safe to say my feet were barely off the ground; I felt like I was skating along with bricks in my shoes instead of feet.

Tomorrow, I'm supposed to run 12 miles, which would conclude the phase of my training where I'm adding miles. After that, I get to start cutting back to rest my body for the actual race while still staying in shape. My body is ready for that rest. I think I will take off tomorrow (the weather is supposed to be nasty, anyway), and see how I feel on Sunday and Monday. Hopefully I can get my run in on one of those days. I hate that I can't complete every training run, but I don't want to sabotage my ability to compete in the actual race.

Donations Update:
Thanks Andrew! I appreciate your contribution and I know my dad will be glad to hear about it, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment