Wednesday, February 25, 2009

B- Game

Monday's Run:
Distance: 4.68 miles
Time: 46:46
Pace: 9:58 per mile

Today's Run:
Distance: 6.42 miles
Time: 1:05:52
Pace: 10:16 per mile

Monday, Paula Radcliffe came on my iPod to tell me I had recorded a new personal best for one of the miles I ran (9:08, apparently). Today, however, I did not have my A game. I was trying to put one foot in front of the other, but I could never get into any kind of rhythm. Usually the high point of my run is when I reach the halfway point, because I know it's all downhill from there... but even making it halfway today did not feel exhilerating.

With about a mile to go, I could tell that I was running really slow. I would have liked to walk the last mile, to be perfectly honest. Instead, I tried to run as fast as I could. I was hoping Paula Radcliffe would come on to tell me that was a new record, but she didn't. At least I finished strong.

Donations update:

NaNa and Mr. Dick, thanks so much for your donation and your continual demonstration that my family has really become your family.

Erin, your contribution is appreciated just as much as your continued support throughout the entire duration since my dad's diagnosis. I miss being able to stop in and talk.

Anonymous, you know what your friendship means to me, in all the ways you find to show it.

No comments:

Post a Comment