Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Aesthetic Memorialization: Willa Cather's Representation of Soldiers of the Great War

That's the title I gave my Willa Cather writing project.  Others I considered include:

  • 10,000 Words About Willa Cather Cut Down From Approximately 50,000
  • 10,000 Words That Explain Why My Husband Has Been Doing the Laundry
  • I Hope You Like This One Better
  • I'd Like to Get This Published
  • It Took Me One Year to Research and Write This
  • Please Let Me Graduate
  • Willa Cather Said the World Split in Two After Writing This Book, Now I Know Why
Call it whatever you want, I'm just calling it finished.  And I'm not waiting to hear whether they like it to feel relieved.  I learned my lesson last time, so I'm doing my pole pumps now.

Today is also Billy's birthday.  I'm celebrating by helping to pick up the house before he gets home, which I haven't done in weeks.  Also, I believe the fact that he will not have to give me a motivational pep talk today will put him in a somewhat celebratory mood.  Back to work!

4 comments:

  1. I like your final title, though some of the alternatives are great.

    I'm not entirely sure how mine is going to end up under or around 10,000 words since as of right now I am ~9,980, and there are multiple points where my notes just say "EXPAND THIS IDEA!!!" (underlined). Problems.

    ...what I meant to say, before my digression, was...
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    I know you still have to defend, but turning it in is an accomplishment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! I echo Katie - your titles are genius. Reading this makes me crazyhappy for you and for all of us wrapping up our projects! You did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my comment didn't post....congrats on a job well done.... I'm sure your brain is filled with words....
    perhaps you can reflect upon Robert Frost....



    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! And mom (I think).

    And thanks also for letting me grumble about the project this past week. : )

    ReplyDelete