Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Time Bind

I have a super busy week ahead and no time to write.

Wednesday I submit the "final draft" of my Cather paper whether it's finished or not.  That's also Billy's birthday.
Thursday I leave for the Narrative Conference in Cleveland.
Friday I present my paper at the conference.
Sunday I have my first race of the year-- the Cherry Pit 10 Miler.

I wanted to leave you all with a few things to keep you entertained in my absence:

Today, Andy Roddick won his second title of the year in Key Biscayne, and it's his first Master's level tournament title since 2006 (the Master's level tournaments are the next biggest ones beneath the Slams).  He's got the best record on tour so far this year.  In case you're not an Andy fan yet, you might want to check out this article that I think does a good job of illuminating all the reasons I love to cheer for him.

The weather here has been beautiful for the past several days.  Oscar and I have been soaking up the sun... Billy has been sneezing like crazy.


And yesterday, I took a much-appreciated break from all the work that's weighing me down to spend the afternoon at Billy's aunt's house with the family.  Billy helped his cousin Jacelyn's baby, Cash, get started with his easter egg hunt.


Cash is walking now, and he has mastered the use of the term "uh oh!"  He also gifted me with a whole lap full of stone coasters.  Thanks, bud!

(The Time Bind is a book we read in Freshman Core at Valpo.  I don't remember anything about it, but it sits on my shelf, and lately I find myself relating to its subtitle, "When Work Becomes Home and Home Becomes Work.")

1 comment: