Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Introducing Nora Jane!

Welcome to the world, baby girl!  Nora Jane was born on Friday, October 14 at 3:38pm.  She arrived weighing 7 pounds, 6 ounces, measuring 19 inches, and sporting a full head of dark brown hair!


Billy and I feel fortunate that Nora continues to reveal herself to be a happy, healthy, hungry baby.  We have been touched by the outpouring of love and excitement our family and friends have shown for our little one and for us, and we are thankful that Nora has been born into such a strong support system.  Her arrival has brought us so much joy, and knowing she has brought joy to so many others further enhances our excitement about becoming her parents.

Thanks for making the transition to the new blog!  In the weeks to come, I hope to find the time to share more about our new family life, including Nora's birth story, how we chose her name, how we are adjusting to having her at home, and plenty more pictures!  A few days in, I've learned that spare moments can be found here and there, but the days of sitting in front of the computer to draft long, thoughtful blog posts might be over.  So though the posts may be shorter, I hope to keep them coming when I can.  Thanks for reading and for helping us celebrate our new addition!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read about your pursuits in Mama-hood, Liz. And it is ok to have shorter updates from now on! :) Welcome to Nora too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to following your family's next adventure, as I am sure you will have many insightful things to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm beyond thrilled for Nora's arrival. I can't wait to see more pictures! Looking forward to hearing your musings on grad student parenting.

    ReplyDelete