Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Professional Photos: Beautiful Baby

This photo of Nora might look familiar to those of you who are on facebook, since our photographer chose it as the "preview" for our session.



One of the things I was hoping a professional photographer would be able to capture was Nora's unusual eye color.  If you look at her eyes in bright sunlight, you can see that they have a dark blue outer rim, a lighter grayish blue background, and are dappled with patches of brown and hazel.  Depending on the light and what she's wearing, they sometimes look green, hazel, blue, or gray, but to me they always look like a unique and beautiful combination of my blue eyes and Billy's brown eyes.  This picture also shows how perfect and creamy her skin is.

I also love how this picture captures Nora’s general sense of wonder about everything around her.  She's very happy-go-lucky at home, but in unfamiliar surroundings she works so hard at taking everything in that strangers and family members often tell us she is a “serious” baby.  One of my favorite things about Billy is his pervasive curiosity about the world and how astutely he observes everything around him.  So often he helps me to see things from different perspectives and encourages me to think more deeply about things that I would otherwise fail to notice.  I love that Nora inherited this demeanor from him and am glad this picture captures her sense of awe!

No comments:

Post a Comment