Friday, July 20, 2012

Professional Photos: Happy Baby

I don't know if everyone will agree that I've saved the best for last, but this is my other favorite picture of Nora from our professional shoot.


I think she looks beautiful, and I love her in this little dress.  But the best thing about this picture is how well it captures her little personality.  I feel like I know this little expression so well already.  She may only be nine months old, but Nora is happy, and curious, and independent, and spirited, and I think this expression shows all of those things.  I can distinctly remember that during my teens, my church leader Laurie told me she was talking about me with her daughter, who was a few years older.  Her daughter asked her to clarify which group member I was by saying "the one with spunk?" and Laurie said "Yes, that one."  When I found out I was having a daughter, I hoped she would inherit whatever this is about my personality that people frequently notice and make similar comments about.  I think Nora has it, and I think this picture captures it, so for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment