Friday, November 2, 2012

Busy Little Bee

Unfortunately, the Halloween Festival they were planning to host at Nora's school was cancelled as a result of the storm.  This meant we didn't get to see all Nora's classmates and schoolmates in their costumes, but we did take Nora to a Halloween party hosted by Uncle Brian's girlfriend, Lauren.  I haven't dressed up in years, but I thought it'd be fun to put together a simple costume to coordinate with Nora's.  To make my yellow knit hat and sweater combo read as "beehive," I fashioned little bees out of pipecleaners and clipped them on-- because this is how every woman who has a one year old and is preparing for comprehensive exams should be spending her time. My iPhone doesn't take great pictures in low light, but here are some of my favorites from the evening.




Nora was quite a hit in her little bee costume, and she showed off her new walking skills by stomping around in her sparkly boots.  Lauren's pomeranians were the biggest hits with Nora, though.  She has never seen a dog this tiny or this fluffy!  It's too bad pictures don't have sound because she was squealing with delight.  Thanks to Lauren for inviting us over!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pipe cleaner bees.....your craftiness is way above mine....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. victimized by identity theft- I don't use that many ellipses!

    ReplyDelete