Thursday, November 15, 2012

School Pictures

A few weeks ago they had Picture Day at Nora's school.  When I was getting her situated, I heard someone say Nora's teacher should take her over to the photographer after I left.  I don't remember why she was having a tough morning that day, but I remember thinking "Well, that's a terrible idea.  These pictures are not going to be keepers."

Turns out I was right.  Look at this gem:

The look of sorrow in her eyes is tragic in itself, but apparently children's staged photography has come a long way since we were in school.  Now they photoshop your child into a variety of scenes.  Like, remember that time she held an apple while sitting in a sunlit field?


Or that time when we had the house decorated for Christmas, and she peeked around the miniature front door to see who was knocking?


There was one photo where she clearly *thought* about smiling, but decided against it.


I think we'll stick with candids.  : )

7 comments:

  1. that door one makes her look like a giant... and very annoyed that you disturbed her Christmas decorating party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These.are.hilarious. I beg to differ - these are TOTAL keepers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me you're planning to frame the photo of Nora peeking around the miniature front door. It is too hilarious not to display. My sides hurt from laughing at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the EXACT look she gave me when I was watching her. Nora's patented "I will only slightly tolerate your presence right now" look. These are so funny - esp the Christmas one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I literally just LOLed at your commentary and these pictures. Why would they photoshop a child into a scene that positions her as party greeter at a Christmas get-together? Photoshop her into one of those big vats of plastic balls kids jump into. At least that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Btw, I just heard a story on the radio about how most schools are actually stopping the photo tradition. It had something to do with increase photo technology at home and the cost associated with school pictures. I say, "good riddance!"

    ReplyDelete