Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bayside Picnic

Last weekend our family took advantage of the temperatures in the 80s to take a picnic lunch to a park near our home that's situated alongside the bay.  In the midst of our outing, I realized that this sort of thing was what I thought parenthood would be like when I decided I was ready to have a baby.  I often feel torn between wishing Nora would stay small and looking forward to all the new things she'll be able to do as the months continue to slip by.  On our picnic, I made sure to stop and savor the fact that our daughter can finally stay awake long enough for a family outing, and can feed herself lunch while her parents sit beside her and eat their own food, but is still little enough to be amazed at new sensations like sand between her fingers and toes.

Here are a few photos I snapped during our outing!






2 comments:

  1. Is this Downs Park? That place has a bit of special history for our family too. Plus, Nora is delightful in her orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Also home of my favorite race in my running club's yearlong series. Last time I wrote about that (http://diaperdoctoral.blogspot.com/2010/11/at-bay.html), Krista commented about giving birth. : ) It all comes back around, huh?

      Delete