Friday, August 17, 2012

Second Generation Friends

As I mentioned in my earlier posts, when we were in Portland we got together with several of my high school friends who have little ones now.  We all met up at Jo and Alex's house for brunch, and after reading along with her blog, I felt like I already knew little Francine.  Jo posted these cute pictures of our babies getting acquainted.



Jo also posted this funny collage of our attempts to get all the kids together for a group photo.  I definitely feel like the succession of photos capture different aspects of Nora's personality, so I wonder if the other moms feel the same way.  


Krista and Jordan also posted some of their photos from the brunch that I wanted to share.



From left to right: Tina and Sophia, me and Nora, Jo and Francie, Rachel and Logan, and Krista, Clara, and Evie

Later that afternoon, we went over to Krista and Jordan's to spend a little more time catching up.  The whole day went way too fast, so I'm glad to have these pictures they took of the girls playing together.  Krista and I have been good friends since we were 10, and growing up I always imagined we'd have kids around the same age that were good friends.  Though living on the opposite sides of the country has kept the girls apart until this stage, modern technology has made it possible for Krista to help me figure out pregnancy and motherhood, so it feels like the Clara, Evie, and Nora are kindred spirits nonetheless.






 We hope to see you all again before too long!

1 comment:

  1. So fun to see all those familiar faces!! And boy, so many girls. A welcome relief to all the boys we know! ;)

    ReplyDelete